After six years and over 900,000 Shopify app installs, we’re excited to announce a new journey to empower entrepreneurs to build awesome businesses.
Before we dive deeper into why the change and what’s in store, we’ll give you the TL;DR version:
- Booster Apps’ Loyalty, Rewards & Referrals and Abandoned Cart Recovery apps have been rebranded under the new Rivo brand.
- If you currently have either of these two apps installed, your Shopify store, customer experience, and app data will not be affected.
- All the other Shopify apps under the Booster Apps brand will continue operating and growing.
- The Rivo rebrand is part of a much larger platform push around nurturing customer relationships through marketing automation solutions.
- In the coming weeks, we’ve got a lot of great Rivo updates to help Shopify merchants prepare for BFCM 2021 and beyond!
Have questions? Interested in learning more? Keep reading 👇
Why the rebrand?
Over the years, we’ve become deeply embedded in the Shopify ecosystem talking to tens of thousands of merchants across all stages of their ecommerce journeys. These conversations resulted in a wide range of Shopify apps solving a wide range of merchant pain points.
In 2020, the pandemic shook the world and forever changed many aspects of our lives, including how merchants do business and how consumers shop. This shift also provided us with more data and a deeper understanding of the solutions that present the biggest opportunities for Shopify merchants.
Nurturing relationships is a mission-critical component to long-term success and revenue growth which led us to launch Loyalty, Rewards & Referrals in early 2021. The feedback and results have been overwhelmingly positive for merchants, sparking a new passion and vision.
Over the last few months, we’ve been preparing an exciting roadmap centered around nurturing customer relationships through marketing automation solutions—but we also couldn’t forget the hundreds of thousands of merchants using other apps in our portfolio that fall outside of this scope.
Ultimately we landed on a decision that we believe is a win-win for all existing and future merchants:
- We’ll create a new brand and build a passionate team that is hyperfocused on these customer engagement and marketing automation solutions. Say hello to Rivo!
- The broader portfolio of apps will continue to operate and grow as Booster Apps solve a wider range of problems outside of Rivo’s core scope.
The quote below bubbled up during this decision-making process which seemed very fitting.
“Change is hard at first, messy in the middle, and gorgeous at the end”
- Robin Sharma
What's in store for Rivo?
Rivo’s roadmap will be driven by a few key north star merchant metrics: customer engagement, retention, sales attribution, and ROI.
The two apps serving as the initial foundation for Rivo include Loyalty, Rewards & Referrals and Abandoned Cart Recovery—both of which have already recorded some impressive numbers relating to these north star merchant metrics.
To support Rivo’s focus and vision moving forward, we first had to tackle some less sexy but uber-important backend tasks to prepare for future growth. Over the last few months we’ve:
- Built an amazing new engineering team that’s helped rewrite our automation engine codebase that can scale to 50M+ automation per day.
- More than doubled the number of Merchant Success Advocates to provide 24/7 support and launched live chat inside of Rivo apps.
- Had hundreds of conversations with merchants and combed through countless tickets to organize a roadmap full of value-added features.
With planning and preparation complete, it’s time to rock and roll on the Rivo roadmap. We’ve got a lot on deck for the rest of 2021 and beyond, and here’s a sneak peek into some upcoming releases:
- Expanding the ways merchants can incentivize and reward customer loyalty; i.e. giving points for referrals, reviews, and more
- More options to connect with customers based on different communication preferences; i.e. send a push notification and then follow up with an email or text message
- Providing best-in-class customizations to ensure your widgets, notifications, emails, and more are always on-brand to provide a seamless, omnichannel brand experience
- Offering more event triggers for ways to connect with the right customers at the right time with the right message
- Detailed attribution reporting and analytics that help merchants understand what messages and programs are working to optimize sales success
We’re excited to help many many more Shopify merchants build awesome businesses and look forward to growing alongside our merchants. If you have any questions or want to share feedback/feature requests then let’s chat!