A points program is an essential part of any great customer loyalty program. It's a proven way to reward customers for their loyalty and incentivize them to keep coming back to your business.
Why Run a Points Program?
A points program is a really effective way to increase customer loyalty and drive sales for your store. By offering rewards and incentives, you're creating a positive customer experience and always building a strong base of loyal customers.
Here's 4 reasons why a points program is so important:
- It makes customers feel valued - When you offer points for purchases or other actions, customers feel like they're getting something in return for their loyalty. This makes them feel appreciated and encourages them to continue doing business with you.
- It encourages repeat business - The promise of earning points that can be redeemed for rewards encourages customers to come back to your business again and again. This is a great way to build customer loyalty and increase sales.
- It creates a sense of excitement - Customers enjoy the thrill of accumulating points and working towards a reward. This creates a positive association with your business and makes customers more likely to recommend you to others.
- It sets you apart from competitors - A well-designed points program can be a key differentiator for your business. Customers are more likely to choose a business that offers rewards over one that doesn't, especially if the rewards are valuable and easy to earn.
Setting up an effective Points Program straight out of the box with Rivo is a cinch! And we've got tons of options for further customizations to suit your store's needs. Read on to get the scoop.
An Overview of Rivo's Points Program
The Points Program centers around earning and redeeming points in your Shopify store. Customers earn points by doing things like placing orders, following you on social media, leaving product reviews, and more. When they have accumulated enough points, customers can redeem them for coupons that they can apply on future orders. Here's an overview of the Points Programs subsections.
Points Program Status
This toggle switch at the top of the page turns the program ON or OFF. Customers will not be able to access the features of the program or redeem any of its associated rewards if this switch is toggled off.
Earning Points - Ways to Earn
These are the actions through which your customers earn points. Each Way to Earn's points value is customizable. There are three default ways to earn:
- Sign up - Earn a one-time, fixed amount of points by becoming a member of the Loyalty Program.
- Place an Order - Earn points by placing an order. This can be set as a fixed amount or in increments e.g. 1 point per $1.
- Celebrate a Birthday - Earn a fixed amount of points each year on your birthday.
You can also add the following points earning methods to your program by clicking Add Another Way to Earn:
- Follow on Instagram
- Like page on Facebook
- Share link on Facebook
- Follow on Twitter
- Share link on Twitter
- Follow on TikTok
💡 Find out more: Check out our guide on Enabling points for Social Media.
- Complete a Referral - Earn points for completing a successful referral. See our guide here.
- Post a product review - Earn points by reviewing products. See our guide here.
- Custom Action - Create your own custom actions to award points. See our guide here.
Redeeming Points - Ways to Redeem
These are the coupons that customers receive by redeeming their points. You can add as many Rewards as you like. There are six reward types:
- Amount Discount - A fixed amount off the entire order.
- Percentage Off - A percentage amount off the entire order.
- Free Shipping - Free Shipping off the entire order. See our guide here.
- Free Product - A full-price discount usable on a specific product. See our guide here.
- Amount Discount - A fixed amount off the entire order. (usable on POS system only)
- Percentage Off - A percentage amount off the entire order. (usable on POS system only)
💡 Find out more: Check out our guide Earn and spend points in store using Shopify POS
Create urgency and increase engagement by setting customer points balances to expire after a certain period of time.
Need more help?
To get a custom loyalty program setup for you, click here to talk to a customizations expert or if you've already set up your Rivo account, schedule a call with your merchant success manager and they will help you customize your program.